Friday, April 3, 2009

Promises


There have been many promises I have made to myself and to others that I have not fulfilled.
It is with great regret that I often look back and criticize myself or try to make others the scapegoat of my unwillingness to fulfill those promises.  The sadness lingers and self doubt abounds.
God's promise for us is that He will always be with us. HIs promise for a life of eternal beauty and forgiveness rests in His gift of His son in our lives.  When we cannot believe in ourselves and blame each other for promises broken, it is comforting to remember how God in his goodness and forgiveness believes in us and receives us again and again when we fail and fall.
May we grant ourselves this comfort and be kind to ourselves and others. Promises made with love are the best we can do.
Love to you.  S

No comments:

Post a Comment